You’ve heard of our wonderful Kiwi Culture, now it’s time to experience it! This 8 day tour for LGBTQ travellers immerses you in everything that we’re proud to say makes us Kiwis! Join us and become a Kiwi for a while. You’ll get off the beaten tourist track, spend time with some of our favourite locals, and explore a truly diverse range of Kiwi experiences: learning Maori traditions and legends, savouring locally produced food and wine, sailing and swimming the local waters, visiting local farms, viewing active geysers, meeting a real live kiwi (bird), exploring museums and galleries, and playing with some LGBTQ locals.
Day 1 -
Welcome to New Zealand!
• Travel the scenic route to the Bay of Islands today.
• Visit a private country homestead for a farm to table lunch prepared from ingredients from the owners' farm.
• Relax and unwind after your journey to New Zealand and get to know your travel mates over a welcome dinner beside the harbour tonight.
Day 2 -
• Languish aboard our exclusively chartered catamaran today for a full day sailing amidst golden beaches, secluded coves, tranquil harbours and warm waters.
Day 3 -
• Explore Maori culture and history during a guided tour and cultural performance at New Zealand’s most important site of historical significance, the Waitangi Treaty Grounds.
• Appreciate down time to wander and relax in the quaint township of historic Russell.
* Kayak or SUP in the harbour.
Day 4 -
• Wander the artistic sculpture trail of a sustainable vineyard after a lovely vineyard lunch and tasting.
• Continue to Auckland and check out the buzzing vibe in the restaurants, cafes, and bars of Auckland’s gay enclave tonight.
Day 5 -
• Journey through the rolling hills of the North Island’s farming heartland, marveling at one town’s artistic celebration of its dairy industry – painted cows!
• View the amazing clear waters of a natural spring on a short walk set in lush native bush.
Day 6 -
• Experience the options on this free day in Rotorua, the city that offers so much.
* Zipline through the forest canopy
* Visit the Hobbiton Movie Set
* Take a flight over an active volcano
Day 7 -
• Explore the geothermal regions of Rotorua, fascinating for their bubbling geysers, steaming fumaroles, and plopping mud pools.
• Fly to vibrant Wellington, the cool little capital on the waterfront, known for its food and culture.
• Meet one of our LGBT locals for a walking tour of the capital that includes LGBTQ history and highlights.
• Dance the night away at one of Wellington’s gay bars.
Day 8 -
• Enjoy a free day in Wellington to wander this fabulous city’s shops, galleries, and museums.
* Weta Workshop Tour
* Zealandia Eco-Sanctuary Tour
• Your tour ends after your farewell dinner, cooked and presented by local lesbian restaurateurs.
Combine this tour with the South Island Sojourn Gay Tour for a 21 day true New Zealand experience!