Join other lesbian travellers on an active exploration of New Zealand’s South Island. Kayak turquoise waters along golden sand beaches, float under glowworms in a stunning cave adventure, hike to immense glaciers, fly into the remote mountainous wilderness and hike to your jetboat ride out, and kayak iconic Milford Sound. And these are just the included activities!
Active women, this is the trip you’ve been asking us to create. You’ll hike, kayak, zip, cave, and fly your way through our stunning nature and landscape. This trip is for those who love to be on the go and get outdoors at every opportunity.
Add on a glacier heli-hike, paragliding, canyoning and so much more. If you love getting out into nature and want to squeeze as much into your New Zealand adventure as possible, then this trip is for you. We’ll not forsake comfort either as we’ll stay at some of our lovely 3 and 4 star partner properties along the way. So join us and create some truly exceptional memories on this 11 day lesbian group trip. A moderate level of fitness is required for this tour.
• Kayak or Kayak and Hike – Abel Tasman National Park
• Glowworm Cave Rafting or Walking Tour – Charleston
• Franz Josef Glacier Valley Hike – Franz Josef
• Siberia Valley Flight, Hike, and Jet Boat Experience – Wanaka
• Kepler Track Hike – Te Anau
• Milford Sound Kayak – Milford Sound
Day 1 -
Welcome to New Zealand! You’ll be met at Nelson Airport on your arrival into New Zealand.
• Visit Mapua Wharf for lunch, a quaint collection of galleries, restaurants, cafes, shops set on the harbour.
• Stretch your legs on a scenic bush walk this afternoon from your lodging.
• Gather with your travel mates for a welcome dinner.
Day 2 -
• Spend a full day kayaking the turquoise waters of Abel Tasman National Park.
• Or choose to split your day by hiking along golden sand beaches and through native bush before kayaking in the afternoon.
• Spot seals sunbathing on rocks or frolicking in rock pools from your kayak.
Day 3 -
• Travel through the mighty Buller Gorge to the primeval rainforests of the rugged West Coast.
• Don a wetsuit and explore the stalagmites and stalactites of a cave system, then float beneath a luminous glowworm display before bouncing down river rapids in an inner tube.
• Or choose the dry walking option to explore this cave getting up close with the glowworms.
• Relax into your coastal lodgings overlooking the ocean.
Day 4 -
• Explore the unique and bizarre shapes and blowholes of the Pancake Rocks.
• Walk through sub-tropical rainforest to beaches, blowholes and a waterfall if tides allow.
• Appreciate the driftwood beach art and pounamu (greenstone) of funky Hokitika.
• Search for glowworms near your lodging tonight.
Day 5 -
• Hike the Franz Josef glacier valley along a rocky river bed to view the glacier.
* Hike on a glacier for a once in a lifetime experience
* Kayak a lake with panoramic views of surrounding mountains and glaciers
* Soak in a private hot pool and/or pamper yourself with a massage
Day 6 -
• Appreciate the beauty of a mirror lake with mountain and glacier views reflected in the still waters.
• Enjoy short walks to waterfalls and blue pools as you travel through the Haast Pass following the turbulent Haast River.
• Settle into your lakeside accommodation for the next three nights in Wanaka, locally known as an outdoor lovers’ playground.
Day 7 -
• Enjoy a free day in this funky lakeside town. Wander the shops, discovering quality New Zealand made products, or choose some adventure.
* Gear up for a wet and wild canyoning adventure
* Paraglide your afternoon away
* Skydive over the stunning lakes and mountains
* Hike one of New Zealand’s best one day hikes – the Rob Roy Glacier Track
* Explore the region’s vineyards on a wine tour
Day 8 -
• Experience true New Zealand Wilderness on the Siberia Experience today
• Fly amidst snowcapped mountains, hike alpine meadows and native rainforest, then jetboat crystal clear glacial waters.
• Enjoy a free afternoon in Wanaka.
Day 9 -
• Travel south to the lakeside town of Te Anau.
• Hike on the Kepler Track this afternoon admidst gorgeous beech forest.
Day 10 -
• Drink in the magnificent scenery along the Milford Road this morning.
• Explore Milford Sound on a sunrise kayak appreciating the grandeur of this majestic fiord.
• Return to Te Anau to share stories and memories over your farewell dinner.
Day 11 -
• Return to Queenstown for your journey home.
• Bid farewell to new friends.
Start planning your next trip to the land of the long white cloud, Aotearoa.
Want to stay on in Queenstown? Talk with us about extending your trip.