Rainbow Winter Days just for our gay guests in Hotel Kalevala, Kuhmo, Finland. From 9th – 14th of March 2019 we have reserved the entire hotel for you to spend 6 days you will certainly remember! Hotel Kalevala is a small, private lakeside hotel with 47 rooms, 3 km from Kuhmo centre, located in the eastern Wild Taiga. The building is so unique that it is a protected listed building by The Finnish National Board of Antiquities. The “Wild Taiga” is perfect for
wilderness and activity adventures. Be welcome at Hotel Kalevala and enjoy your stay!
• Plenty of exciting activities in the gorgeous Finnish winter landscape, like snowshoeing, snowmobile and husky safari tours;
• Full board including Finnish delicacies like reindeer, bear and elk meat*;
• 2 saunas, indoor and outdoor jacuzzis and special sauna treatments;
• And a mystical magic evening that will bring you back into the olden days!
Day 1 - Saturday, March 9, 2019
• Transfer from Kajaani airport (KAJ).
• Welcome drink at the fireplace.
• Welcome dinner including the Finnish delicacy elk meat.
Day 2 - Sunday, March 10, 2019
• Full board.
• Guided 2 hour snowmobile safari along the taiga forest, 2 persons/snowmobile.
• Winter survival games in the afternoon. You will be competing in teams!
• Sauna time with indoor and outdoor jacuzzis. Possibility to try out the peat sauna.
• Dinner with local salmon as main course.
• After dinner, "DJ Tero" will guide through the evening.
Day 3 - Monday, March 11, 2019
• Full board
• After breakfast: cross-country ski school; learn the national sport of Finland.
• In the afternoon you will have some free time to continue skiing; easy tracks at Kalevala Ski-centre and on the lake side are suitable for beginners. Ski tracks for persons with more experience are available, too.
• Dinner in “Kota” teepee at the hotel shore. Enjoy a tasty reindeer meat dish around the open fire.
• Late evening saunas & jacuzzis. You‘ll get a Finnish sauna treatment with birch branches.
Day 4 - Tuesday, March 12, 2019
• Full board.
• Transfer to a husky farm. Husky sleigh tour. Everyone will get the chance to drive a husky sleigh, 2 persons/sleigh. Picnic lunch at the farm.
• Sauna time - possibility to try real Finnish smoke sauna!
• The main course of the dinner will be a special delicacy: bear meat.
• The evening will continue with DJ and dancing till the early hours.
Day 5 - Wednesday, March 13, 2019
• Full board with late breakfast.
• 3 hours guided snowshoe & winter fishing tour starting at the hotel.
• Time for sauna and relaxing in the afternoon.
• In the evening “Finnish Mystical Magic”. A fortune teller or shaman is waiting for you deep in the forest. We will make our way there with snowshoes or by foot, depending on the snow level. She will offer you love potions and Deer Antler Velvet and she will predict your future.
• In the House of North you will be served an "Olden Days Dinner". Forget about etiquette, white tablecloths and fancy eating. Eat with your fingers or wooden spoon and enjoy the dinner like in the olden days.
• Karaoke evening at the hotel restaurant.
Day 6 - Thursday, March 14, 2019
• After breakfast transfer to Kajaani airport (KAJ).